A “system image backup” is a backup that can be restored onto a blank hard drive (a.k.a. bare metal). The backup consists of two components
- The backup itself, usually on an external hard drive.
- A recover disk, usually on a DVD media.
A system image backup is restored by booting from the recovery DVD with the hard drive attached.
- Attach the external hard drive.
- Go to Control Panel → File History
- In the bottom left-hand corner there is a “System Image Backup” link.
- Start the System Image Backup utility using the link.
- Choose the attached hard drive. (It will probably be the default choice.)
- Click “Next” to proceed.
- Click “Start backup” to confirm, and the backup will begin.
Powered by PmWiki